“Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
One of the many ways we give thanks to the Lord is by our praises to Him. Praise is more than just a feeling, but an expression of thanksgiving towards God. Thanksgiving is the essence of our praise.
Praises to God are our expression and confession of the unchanging, holy character of God and His Mighty Works towards us. Our praises to Him are our way of thanking Him for who He is to us, and what He has done for us.
Psalm 100 is considered a Psalm of thanksgiving and praise. Verse 3 gives us a summary of who God is to us, while verse 4 helps us to unlock our praise and thankfulness towards Him. When we recognize the Blessedness of His Person, we should thank God through praise, with a grateful heart, for who all that He is to us.
- The Lord is God - Jesus Christ is God, not Buddha, Muhammad, or any other false deity. God is in charge and in sovereign control.
- It is He that hath made us - the Lord formed and designed us in the image of Himself with a purpose for us to live out. We are fearfully and wonderfully the product of His Hand, not mindless evolution.
- Not we ourselves - by His Love, Mercy, and Grace, Jesus saved us with His Blood. We cannot save ourselves by our own merit or goodness.
- We are His People - like a king to his people and a shepherd to his flock, we belong to God. He knows what is best for us.
- His Pasture - we are anointed, protected, guided, and cared for by God.
God is so good to us all! Thank the Lord through praise each day for His Blessings and Favor over your marriage, family, relationships, career, finances, and every aspect of your life. Most importantly, thank God for the Salvation of your soul and the giving of Jesus Christ at Calvary’s Cross. Let the Gospel inspire gratefulness and praise in all that you do and everyone you encounter.