Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus one person at a time.
In January 1999, High Praises was born in a lecture hall at T.L. Hanna High School. 264 people showed up for the first service, curious about a new church – and 230 returned the next Sunday. The church quickly grew, and 21 acres of property were purchased in the summer of 1999. A million dollar sanctuary complex was built in 2001. When the church outgrew that facility, a Ministry Activity Center (MAC) was erected in 2005, valued at a million and a half dollars. In 2008, a second worship service was added to accommodate the growth. Since it's start, High Praises has: built churches in Honduras; planted missionaries in Honduras and Africa; sponsored multiple mission projects; assisted in planting a local Hispanic work; established several levels of leadership training; provided “spiritual covering” for a local African-American church plant; and offered mentoring for local area pastors. Hundreds of people have come to Jesus as Savior and are growing up in Christlikeness and discovering a genuine and balanced experience of biblical Spirit-filled living.
- in the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- in one God eternally existing in three persons: namely the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- that Jesus Christ is the begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That he ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father, as the Intercessor.
- that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- in the sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word and the Holy Ghost.
- holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- in the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
- in water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- in the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
- in the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- in the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.
All of our beliefs are in line with our affiliation with the Church of God. The entire Declaration of Faith as listed above can be found through our denominational website.