“Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth: from this day will I bless you.”
We can possess the greatest, most fertile seed known to mankind and lay them up in our barns, but if the seeds never get planted, how will they grow? If we take action and plant the seed, but do not plant the seed on fertile ground, how will it blossom? If the seed is planted on fertile ground, but left unattended, how will it continually sprout forth its bud?
- God provides the seed of vision in the barn of our hearts
- Faith plants the seed on fertile ground
- The Blessings of God through the Holy Spirit turns our tiny seed into a flourishing fruitful tree
God calls us to be trusting, obedient, and faithful to the vision and plan He has given to us. Though God has planted the seed of His Will and Vision into our hearts, it is up to us to follow through with what He has provided for us and tend to His Plan that He planted deep within our spirit. When we set our eyes and hearts on the Great Plan of God, He promises that “from this day I will bless you.”
For the seed of God’s Vision to blossom, the seed must be:
- Planted and rooted in the solid, fertile soils of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified
- Energized by Praise and Worship found in the Glory of God’s Presence
- Fertilized with the Word of God for strength and nourishment
- Watered with the Living Waters of the Holy Spirit through prayer
- Trimmed of the briars and dead branches of our flesh to make room for new, continual, and mature growth in the Faith to bear the Fruit of the Spirit.
As God plants a seed or vision into our spirits, we must remember it takes time for the vision to develop and blossom into what God has laid up in the barn of our hearts. When a seed is planted, the seed does not immediately sprout and blossom into a massive, fruitful vine. It takes time, patience, effort, obedience, and faith that the tree will blossom into what God has in store for our lives.
Trusting in God day after day, will steadily turn our tiny seed into an abundant, fruitful vine rich in the Blessings of the Lord.